Hi Band Families-
Super event on Friday evening! We hope you enjoyed getting to know some fellow band parents, hearing from Mr. Craig, learning about the Boosters, and most importantly seeing the kids on the field!
Many thanks to all who have signed up to volunteer this year. On Friday, we had over 20 families sign up to help. Great! We look forward to the other 100ish families signing up for something, as well! Here are some of the areas in which we need people:
- Uniform Washers – Take a few uniforms home each competition, wash them, and bring them back by the following Thursday. Ideal way to help if you have a schedule that may not allow volunteering in other capacities- incredibly valuable! Email Heather Wieland-Williams at email@example.com or Staci Hunt Ramsey at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Uniform Team – On competition days, help set home base up so the kids can get in and out of their uniforms easily. Great way to see behind the scenes and yet still watch your kids from the stands. Email Heather Wieland-Williams at email@example.com or Staci Hunt Ramsey at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Competition Food – Help serve the kids meals in between their performances. Great way to help out and spend time with the kids during the downtime between performances. Email Melony Stambaugh at email@example.com to sign up.
- Pit Crew – Help get the front ensemble and props on and off the field before and after performances. Email Jeff Wyman at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Transportation/Logistics Crew – Help load and unload trucks- and/or drive and ride along. Email Brian Williams at email@example.com to sign up.
- Concessions – Help cook and sell refreshments at various football and basketball games throughout the year as you are able. Email Matthew Hafley at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Don’t forget our the about the volunteer needs already on Charms!
HomeFest Parking Fundraiser! We still have 34 spots needed to fill (out of a total of 50).
Bingo – Erlanger Lion’s Club every Saturday!
Band Camp Food – Help serve food, donate goods and clean up
Finally, the Ryle Tournament of Bands is coming up on September 23. Our tournament is very well-thought of throughout our region, and requires the participation of all students and families to facilitate. More information to come!
Monday, August 7: Schedule Pick-up, Seniors 9 am-12 pm, Juniors 2 pm-5 pm
Tuesday, August 8: Schedule Pick-up, Sophomores 9 am- 12 pm, Freshmen 2 pm-5 pm
Tuesday, August 8: Gatorama schedule pick-up by last name, 4 pm-7 pm.
*Students will be excused by the directors at the appropriate time to go pick up their schedules but must return to camp when they are finished.
Saturday, October 28: KMEA State Finals all day/overnight. ***Band students, do NOT sign up for the ACT test offered on this day. We need you on the field!
“To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often.”- Winston Churchill