Happy Tuesday, Band Family!
As usual, there are a few things we want to make you aware of:
Wednesday, February 7th is What’s for Dinner? Wednesday at Papa John’s in Florence:
- Don’t limit yourself to dinner, though- they are donating to the band all day, from open to close!
- See attached flyer for details… you can even order online and enter our code, and the band will receive $2 per pizza sold
- Questions? Please contact Laurel Dickman at email@example.com
- Thank you to Papa John’s for their continual support of our kids!
Sponsorship Committee Update:
- Support and sponsorship from businesses like Papa John’s are so important to keep our band program funded and moving forward
- Plans are already underway for next year and the Sponsorship Committee needs YOUR help!
- We are looking for a few parents willing to help out with Sponsorship for next year. No previous experience required! All you need is a computer and a phone. All work can be done from the comfort of your own home
- What will you be doing, you ask??
- We just need you to send out some information to potential sponsors and do a quick follow-up with them later
- All written material will be provided for you
- What is the time commitment on this opportunity, you ask??
- Just a few hours here and there over the next few months
- This literally has to be the easiest volunteer opportunity to date, but a super-important one for the band!
- If you think this is something you can get on board with, contact our 2018-2019 Sponsorship Chair Denise Lorson at 614-832-3515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us one Saturday night for Bingo!
- Another integral fundraiser for the band, we need full teams of volunteers to be able to serve our patrons
- Last week, we had over 140 people playing bingo and contributing to our kids’ success- we brought in over $36 a player, which in turn brought in about $5,000 gross for the band
- Grossing $5,000 in one night? High ROI for your volunteer commitment!
- Questions about Bingo? Please contact Shawn King at email@example.com
- We will continue to have Basketball Concessions needs over the next few weeks, including the week of February 19 as Ryle will be hosting the District Tournament this year.
- Questions about Concessions should be directed to Matthew Hafley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have updated bylaws that need your review and approval!
- We are having a Special Meeting of the Association in the Media Center (Library) on February 13 at 6:30 PM to vote on the new bylaws and formally adopt them into practice
- 6:30 PM also happens to be the exact time that kids need to be dropped off for Pep Band… so park, drop your student off, and come to the Ryle Media Center/Library briefly to vote on the bylaws before heading off to enjoy the rest of your evening
- We must have a quorum to be able to vote, so your attendance is VERY important! Please make it a priority to attend- it won’t take much of your time, we promise
- Questions about the bylaws? Contact Ryan Royse at email@example.com
The Charms calendar has now been updated through band camp! Be sure to check it out for all of the upcoming dates, as well as volunteer needs and to sign up for Bingo and Concessions:
Wednesday, February 7: What’s for Dinner? Wednesday at Papa John’s
Saturday, February 10: All-State Band Concert
Tuesday, February 13: Pep Band, 6:30-9:30
Tuesday, February 13: Special Booster Association Meeting, 6:30- Please attend!
Monday, February 19-Friday, February 23: Boys’ Basketball District Tournament
- Ryle is hosting the District Tournament this year, so we will have concessions and pep band needs throughout that week
Saturday, February 24: Winter Guard Competition, Campbell County HS
- Ryle Performs at 5:20 PM
Thursday, March 8-Saturday, March 10: HS Select Band at NKU
Saturday, March 24: Tri-State Marching Arts Competition at Ryle
Saturday, March 31: Tri-State Marching Arts Championships at BB&T Arena
Tuesday, April 24: Sweet Jazz Concert, Drees Pavilion