Greetings Band Families,
A few important things this week:
- We have updated bylaws that need your review and approval!
- We are having a Special Meeting of the Association in the Art Room (121) on Tuesday, February 13 at 6:30 PM – please note the new location!!- to vote on the new bylaws and formally adopt them into practice
- 6:30 PM also happens to be the exact time that kids need to be dropped off for Pep Band… so park, drop your student off, and come to the Art Room (121) briefly to vote on the bylaws before heading off to enjoy the rest of your evening
- We must have a quorum to be able to vote, so your attendance is VERY important! Please make it a priority to attend- it won’t take much of your time, we promise
- The updated bylaws and summary of changes are attached for your convenience should you wish to review
- Questions about the bylaws? Contact Ryan Royse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship Committee Update:
- Plans are already underway for developing business sponsor relationships for next year, and the Sponsorship Committee needs YOUR help!
- We are looking for a few parents willing to help out with Sponsorship for next year. No previous experience required! All you need is a computer and a phone. All work can be done from the comfort of your own home
- What will you be doing, you ask??
- We just need you to send out some information to potential sponsors and do a quick follow-up with them latter
- All written material will be provided for you
- What is the time commitment on this opportunity, you ask??
- Just a few hours here and there over the next few months
- This literally has to be the easiest volunteer opportunity to date, but a super-important one for the band!
- If you think this is something you can get on board with, contact our 2018-2019 Sponsorship Chair Denise Lorson at 614-832-3515 or email@example.com
- Join us one Saturday night for Bingo!
- Another integral fundraiser for the band, we need full teams of volunteers to be able to serve our patrons
- This past Saturday, we grossed about $4,500 for the band!
- Often, the adult volunteers will go out afterwards to celebrate the success of the evening
- Questions about Bingo? Please contact Shawn King at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will continue to have Basketball Concessions over the next couple of weeks, including the week of February 19 as Ryle will be hosting the District Tournament this year
- Questions about Concessions should be directed to Matthew Hafley at email@example.com
Worlds Longest Yard Sale Update:
- Another fundraising opportunity!
- This years’ sale will be August 2-4
- More information to come, but we need a volunteer- or preferably a team of volunteers- to start planning as soon as possible.
- In the meantime, if you’re spring cleaning or decluttering, consider setting some items aside to sell for the band in August!
- Questions? Would like to help out? Contact Laurel Dickman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Charms calendar has now been updated through Band Camp! Be sure to check it out for all of the upcoming dates, as well as volunteer needs and to sign up for Bingo and Concessions.
Tuesday, February 13: Pep Band, 6:30-9:30
Tuesday, February 13: Special Booster Association Meeting, 6:30 in the ART ROOM, 121- Please attend!
Monday, February 19-Friday, February 23: Boys’ Basketball District Tournament
- Ryle is hosting the District Tournament this year, so we will have Concessions and Pep Band needs throughout that week
Saturday, February 24: Winter Guard Competition, Campbell County HS
- Ryle performs at 5:20 PM
Wednesday, March 7: What’s for Dinner? Wednesday at City Barbeque
Thursday, March 8: Saturday, March 10: Select Band at NKU
Saturday, March 24: Tri-State Marching Arts Competition at Ryle
Saturday, March 31: Tri-State Marching Arts Championships at BB&T Arena
Tuesday, April 24: Sweet Jazz Festival, Drees Pavilion