Hi Rookie Parents! Below are the notes from Tuesday evening’s Rookie parent meeting for your reference. Thank you!
Ryle Band Rookie Parent Meeting
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- Charms – main source of info
- Go to www.ryleband.com and click on Charms Calendar in the main menu or Quick Links
- Login info- use student’s ID number as the password. Do NOT change it. You can bypass where it wants you to change.
- Charms News – most information will be here. Go to the Charms Calendar and then click on the Home tab at the top.
- Volunteer icons – you can click on this on the calendar to see volunteer needs
- FB page (Friends and Family of Ryle HS Bands) – this is another source of info. It will be used more for last minute communication (ex. I’m at the flagpole for the Rookie meeting and I don’t see anyone. Where are you?), general updates and info (pictures of kids, videos, etc.)
- Food needs for camp – we still need food, serving, setup, cleanup volunteers for the remaining nights of camp.
- Volunteer opportunities – See the Charms Calendar for opportunities throughout the year
- Charms (you can find and sign up to volunteer here!)
- Homefest – Sign up on the Charms Calendar
- ACT date – Deadline 8/4 registration for 9/8. Do NOT sign up for 10/28 ACT. We will be at State competition.
- Football games/Homecoming – we will perform at football games. In the past it has been National Anthem and halftime. The report/pickup times are on Charms. Our kids do march in the homecoming parade.
- Other marching band info- we will discuss these in more detail as they get closer…..
- Competitions – Times and dates are on Charms. These are all-day events for the kids. They compete twice (prelim and final setup)
- Our competition – big event!We will need lots of volunteers!!
- Quarter finals – determines our playing time for state prelims.There is only one performance on this date.
- State – overnight trip!
- Spiritwear order is live!! This has the duffel bags that rookies will need. There are two options. One is bigger. Kids use duffels for competitions to take extra socks, hoodies, shoes, etc.
- Friday night is Parent Preview and Picnic! Come at 5:30 to lower commons. Eat with kids/socialize with adults/hear about upcoming season from Mr. Craig/watch students perform what they have learned in band camp/opportunities to sign up for various volunteer needs.
- Any questions email me! Alecia.email@example.com